A custom email domain allows you to send bulk emails and set up custom email addresses with personalized From Name, From Email, and Reply to Email. With a custom email domain like "[email protected]," you can establish a professional and branded presence in your email communications.
Your company's IT support is needed to assist in configuring the Domain
Domain authentication is necessary to send emails from your own email address instead of a generic Rally email address. This process is applicable only to domains and subdomains owned by your team or company (e.g., "example.com" and "mail.example.com"). Personal addresses like Gmail, Yahoo, or AOL cannot be authenticated.
- Go to the Domain section in your Rally settings.
- Click on "Add Domain" and enter your domain.
To authenticate your domain ownership, your IT support will need to add both the DKIM (DomainKeys Identified Mail) and Return-Path records to your DNS (Domain Name System) records. Copy the Hostname and Value of each record provided by Rally and add them to your DNS configuration. We recommend sharing a screenshot of the DKIM and return path, and support doc your IT department
DKIM records are added as a TXT record, and Return-Path records are added as CNAME records to your DNS configuration. If your DNS is managed by a hosting provider, add these records there. However, if you use a DNS provider like DNSimple, add the DKIM and Return-Path records there.
Below are some links to instructions provided by our email provider Postmark on how to add DNS records for common hosts and DNS providers.
- After adding the records, click 'Verify' in Rally to authenticate your domain. It may take a few minutes for the verification process to complete. If waiting for IT support, you can click 'Close' and verify later by clicking the three dots and pressing 'Verify'. If you are waiting on your IT support you can click close and return to verify by clicking on the three dots and press verify
Once you have set up a custom domain, you can create team sender addresses. These addresses are used for automated and transactional emails, such as confirmation messages, reminders, or reschedule notifications. Team members in your workspace can also send emails using these sender addresses.
- Click on "Add Sender" in Rally.
- Enter the desired From Name.
- Enter the custom From Address and choose the preferred domain.
- Add a Reply to Email for recipients to respond to.
Updated about 2 months ago